Dalgona Milktea Blend- Here’s how you make it!

by My Onni You

Everyone is getting hook with the Dalgona coffee and it’s been trending all over the world. Today I tried making another version, the Dalgona Milktea Blend. Let’s check out!

While browsing on a Korean online store I saw that they were selling a milk tea powder and Dalgona and when you buy the set it costs 15,000 won. I wanted to try it but I need to wait around 2 to 3 days before I received it and that day I was very eager to taste the milk tea plus Dalgona coffee. So I run to the nearest convenience store to buy one cup of ready to drink milk tea since we have a regular black coffee already. So here are the ingredients and things you need to prepare before making.

Dalgona Milktea Blend

Ingredients:

3 tablespoon black coffee
3 tablespoon sugar ( I prefer brown sugar)
3 tablespoon hot water
milk tea (powder or ready to drink)

What do you need?

mixing bowl
egg beater/whisker for mixing/electric mixer (you can use a fork or a long teaspoon to if you don’t have any)
clear glass/mug

Directions:

1. Put the coffee, sugar and hot water into a mixing bowl.
2. Mix or whisk the ingredients till you get a light brown color and creamy thick mixture.
3. Pour the milk tea in a clear glass or mug of your choice.
4. Put the creamy mixture on top.
5. Serve.

Dalgona Milktea Blend

Very easy right? If you haven’t tasted the Dalgona Coffee, just replace the milk tea into milk since the procedure on how to make the coffee whip is the same.

Dalgona Korean Candy

Aside from that, Dalgona is actually a Korean traditional street food from the ’60s and ’70s. It is a Korean sponge candy called Ppopgi and is made from sugar, baking soda, and heat. Usually, it cost 1000 won to 2000 won. So if you get the chance to visit Korea don’t forget to try the PPopgi or Dalgona candy.

In addition to that, you can buy ready-made Dalgona candies which you can add to your coffee or cakes.

Follow @myonniyou for the latest update:
MY ONNI YOU
INSTAGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK

Don’t forget to subscribe/ follow our blog to get updates on your email about our new post.

You may also like

24 comments

Anie Ordillo April 8, 2020 - 8:48 pm

I can’t get over the magic that is Dalgonna coffee and I’m pretty sure I won’t be having regular milk tea once I tried this, haha! Will try this pronto!

Jowell April 9, 2020 - 2:12 pm

Yeah, I am restraining myself from creating this since if I do, I would be doing this everyday cause it looks delish! And yeah, I also saw the original Dalgona candy from Korea and naku feeling ko may mga gagawa din yan. Thank you for your cool video din!

WanderWoMom April 9, 2020 - 5:12 pm

I tried and failed making my own dalgona. maybe i didnt whip it enough with my fork. the milk tea pair is simply irresistible to someone who really loves milk tea too!

is the dalgona candy hard and too sweet? nevertheless, will definitely look for it one day when i travel to SoKor

myonniyou April 9, 2020 - 5:41 pm

It’s sweet and a bit hard but not too hard but it always depends on the one who made it. It should be perfectly made. It’s not easy to make it so I always buy to halmonis. Yung talagang nakikita mo how they are making it.

Cyrel Rodriguez April 9, 2020 - 5:36 pm

I’ve seen this all over the internet and it really looks delicious! I should try making one.

Jan Darren Guiwan April 9, 2020 - 6:56 pm

This trended during the ECQ and many certainly joined the bandwagon in making this coffee recipe. Its final appearance and presentation made a huge appeal, especially in digital media. Will I try? Would still prefer my coffee black and strong. 🙂

Rae April 9, 2020 - 11:00 pm

This is for someone who is not allowed to drink too much coffee like me. Bummer, gastritis. Anyways, this is creative! And nice trivia that Dalgona is actually a Korean traditional street food!

Karla April 10, 2020 - 11:06 am

I’ve seen this Dalgona Challenge on Facebook countless times. My sister even tried to do it haha! What I’m craving now is the Dalgona Korean Candy that you posted. I often see old Korean people making them on streets. Oh I miss Korea!

clang April 10, 2020 - 11:14 am

Di ko pa natry yung Dalgona Milktea Blend, Milk at Milo pa lang nagawa ng kapatid ko. Itatry ko yan pag nakabilinkami ng rady to drink milktea.

Ann April 10, 2020 - 12:09 pm

Wow! Ang dali pala gawin! Will make bukas for noisy husband at home haha sana mappreciate! Thanks!..such an easy to follow tutorial here!

myonniyou April 10, 2020 - 12:16 pm

You can add cream din if you want it to be creamy.

Khryz April 10, 2020 - 1:32 pm

Dalgona Coffee is trending talaga ngayon no? But, I haven’t tried it. haha Will use your video as a guide nga.

Neri Ann April 10, 2020 - 2:00 pm

I tried this sa coffee masarap sya! Though nangalay ako kasi mano mano ung pag whisk. Gusto ko nga din itry iba ibang variant neto.

blair villanueva April 10, 2020 - 2:04 pm

This coffee has been trending for weeks! Very tempting to make it kaso I don’t like mixing milk on my coffee. Long black lang ako.

Wendy April 10, 2020 - 10:54 pm

I only learned about the Dalgona candy from you. Is it still being sold as street food? Ano kaya itsura nya. I should look for that.

myonniyou April 10, 2020 - 10:55 pm

Yes it’s still being sold as street food usually ang designs eh pororo and friends, pinkifong kasi pang akit sa kids.

JEN STA ANA April 11, 2020 - 12:57 am

Puro ganito nakikita ko sa feed ko, gustuhin ko man gawin, tinatamad ako hahahaha ang tagal kasi mag whip wala naman ako electric mixer, pero i’ll try to bribe my brother na gumawa para ma try ko na if masarap ba talaga

Mumshie Nica April 11, 2020 - 1:47 am

masubukan nga ito gamit ang instant milk tea na avaailable sa next grocery namin, sobrang nakakaadik ang dalgona coffee lalo na sa coffee lover na tulad ko

Christian Foremost April 11, 2020 - 6:11 pm

Dalgona everything has been such a craze, even here in the Philippines. I’ve tried it a few times myself and really liked it. My starbucks may have to wait, but at least I’ll have my dalgona for now. Haha

Adventures with Docah April 17, 2020 - 12:53 pm

Looks delishhh!! I have been making dalgona coffee ever since it trended. Guess I have something new to make this time plus the ingredients are just few. Thanks for sharing this with us!

myonniyou April 17, 2020 - 12:54 pm

You can freeze the extra mixture and use it the next day it’s yummier. It will turn into ice cream ^^

Homebound Mom April 24, 2020 - 6:10 pm

Huhu! I failed on my first try of making Dalgona Coffee, followed a different instruction. Will try your recipe and I hope I get to perfect it. Thank you. 🙂

My Onni You April 24, 2020 - 6:55 pm

You have to make sure yung sukat ng water pag nasobrahan ng tubig magfailed sya. Then tyagaan magmix mga 4000x.

Franze Garcia August 2, 2020 - 5:37 pm

Wow my pa-star. I remembered my first try hahaha, dapat pala foamy yung coffee. Eh hinalo ka lang and then mix with milk agad hahaha akala ko lulutang na lang bigla haha nakalimutan ko dapat may viscosity pala. hahaha, ang perfect naman nang gawa nyo po.