Here is how to make the delicious Korean noodle from the movie ‘Parasite’, the Jjapaguri which is a combination of Jjapagetti and Neoguri.
Jjapaguri which means ram-don in English from the award-winning movie Parasite (Gisaengchung, 기생충) has gained popularity after it was seen in the said movie.
I know I am a little late to write about this but honestly I have joined the bandwagon of making the Jjapaguri many times already. It’s very easy to prepare and quite delicious. To make it, you just need two different kinds of Korean noodles, Jjapagetti and Neoguri. I also followed the recipe and instructions from the Nongshim Korean website.
- 1 pack Jjapagetti (짜파게티)
- 1 pack Neoguri (너구리)
- 8 ounces tender beef (cut in cubes, bite-size)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or other cooking oil
*But I used butter to make the beef more tasty
1. Cut the beef into cubes bite-size pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a medium-sized pot put 4 cups of water and wait until it boils.
2. Heat a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, other cooking oil or butter. Cook all sides to the slightly less than preferred doneness.
3. When the water boils, add the noodles and the vegetable mix from the packets and continue boiling for about 3 minutes. Do not overcook the noodles.
4. Remove noodles from the water (but do not throw the water) and transfer to the pan with the beef. Pour one cup of the reserved water over the noodles. Cook in medium heat. Add the Jjapagetti sauce and Neoguri sauce.
5. About one minute, stir everything well until the sauce is evenly distributed. Add more reserved water if needed. Turn the heat off.
6. Put the oil from Jjapagetti and mix again. Best serve with kimchi or pickled radish.
Don’t forget to subscribe/ follow our blog to get updates on your email about our new post.